- Result gives a nice gradual tan color, not orange on me (see note below)
- Slightly tinted so you can slightly see where you applied.
What I Don't Like:
- I cannot tell a lie: As with all gradual self-tanners, this does have THAT scent! You know the one - my sister once described the scent as human barbecue so now that thought is emblazoned on my brain and I think of it every time I catch a whiff...and of course it makes me laugh!
- If you do not blend it out well enough or apply too much in one application it can be orange (see QuickieTip Below!!)
- If you do not regularly re-apply, it can get patchy.
- May take time to build up color you want.
Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
|The BBW Vanilla/Coconut Lotion helps mask some of that human barbecue smell!|
Try different lotion scents to see what you can come up with!
- I apply it every day on alternate areas (Day 1: Legs/Feet, Day 2: Upper Body)
- Depending on how long it is lasting, I may wait until the third day to reapply if still looks good.
How I Use It:
|Lotion + Tanner Amounts|
- Everyday in the shower: exfoliate using a clean bath poof, dry body thoroughly.
- If ankles, elbows and knees are dry, first apply lotion lightly
- Mix close to equal parts of the self-tanner and lotion together and mix together in your palms. Apply!
- Stand there buck-naked while it dries.
- The method of mixing in the lotion helps spread it around easier, absorb more evenly and doesn't stick to dry patches as well = more even color.
- Regularly moisturize so it keeps your skin soft and not prone to flaking your new color off!